I’m working with a client on picking her photographer and it’s reminding me just how crucial photography is to a wedding. It’s really the only thing you get to take home with you after the wedding! That being said, I usually recommend it as a top priority…it is not somewhere you want to scrimp!
Here are a few questions and important things to remember when choosing a photographer…and double check to make sure it’s all in writing in your contract!
- Name of the photographer who will shoot your wedding and the number of assistant
- Number and kind(s) of cameras to be used
- Approximate number of photographs to be shot
- Number of proofs you’ll receive, and complete package details
- Date your proofs will be ready and how long you can keep them
- When and how you’ll receive your order (albums, prints) once you place it, and any other delivery details
- Length of time the photographer will keep your negatives/digital files
- Total cost (itemized if possible)
- Overtime fee, if applicable
- Subjects to be covered, such as pre-wedding preparations, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception
- Travel fees, if applicable
- Style of photography, such as formal portraits, documentary-style, candid, combination, straight shooting, unconventional composition, and formats
Mmmm, I could stare at wedding photos all day…the beauty is never-ending!