Photo Credit: Boro Creative Visions Photography
I’m working with a client on picking her photographer and it’s reminding me just how crucial photography is to a wedding. It’s really the only thing you get to take home with you after the wedding! That being said, I usually recommend it as a top priority…it is not somewhere you want to scrimp!
Here are a few questions and important things to remember when choosing a photographer…and double check to make sure it’s all in writing in your contract!
- Name of the photographer who will shoot your wedding and the number of assistant
- Number and kind(s) of cameras to be used
- Approximate number of photographs to be shot
- Number of proofs you’ll receive, and complete package details
- Date your proofs will be ready and how long you can keep them
- When and how you’ll receive your order (albums, prints) once you place it, and any other delivery details
- Length of time the photographer will keep your negatives/digital files
- Total cost (itemized if possible)
- Overtime fee, if applicable
- Subjects to be covered, such as pre-wedding preparations, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception
- Travel fees, if applicable
- Style of photography, such as formal portraits, documentary-style, candid, combination, straight shooting, unconventional composition, and formats
Mmmm, I could stare at wedding photos all day…the beauty is never-ending!
Since I’m posting this new year post on January 8th, I appear to not be following one of my goals very well yet: blog more!
It’s been a busy start to 2013…at the Holtz house, we’ve been working through some stomach bugs and some bronchitis, with a little strep throat added in for good measure. However, we are on the mend and ready for a great year! We couldn’t be more excited for this year and we have a great line-up of events and activities on the books already!
A look at what’s coming…
- A baby shower for a very exciting little girl arrival…and this isn’t just some brunch with a few games. We’ve got a whole cocktail party planned for our special parents-to-be, complete with sparkling juice for the mommy, and a whiskey tasting for the guys! We used these adorable invitations!
- An engagement party for my sister wife (seriously, she lived in our basement for a while…but now she’s on the upslope and marrying a great guy!)
- The Children’s Museum of Denver 40th Birthday Bash…Your Golden Ticket to Imagination! Woodlark is chairing the decor committee for this fabulous event on May 31st. We can’t wait! For more info, go like the facebook page please! https://www.facebook.com/ChildrensMuseumofDenverBirthdayBash
- A mountaintop wedding at The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera
- A fall wedding at Mt. Vernon Country Club in the foothills of Denver
Happy New Year to y’all and thanks for stopping by! Hope your year is just as fabulous as can be!