In honor of Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’ve put together some simple tips on how to include and honor your mom (and your future mother-in-law) in the planning process and the big day! Thank you to all the amazing mothers out there who encourage, support, and love us!
- Give specific tasks to your mom (confirm the florist, book a ceremony musician).
- Let your future MIL run with the rehearsal; it’s her chance to shine AND a break for you! Take advantage of it!
- Have both your parents walk you down the aisle.
- Incorporate a special piece of your mom’s jewelry or clothing into your wedding day attire.
- Invite your mom to do a reading or a prayer during the ceremony, or a special welcome speech at the reception.
- Get those moms up on a chair and in the air for Hava Nagila!
And always remember, we wouldn’t be where we are without our moms…even when you feel like this! Happy Mother’s Day!