Memorial Day is a day to honor our fallen heroes and those who fought to preserve the freedoms that we all enjoy. The three day weekend also marks the official beginning of the summer season. We are feeling patriotic and inspired by Americana wedding and event decor. Red, white and blue isn’t just for Fourth of July parties! The classic color combination works well in patriotic, rustic or nautical event themes.
Woodlark recently threw an Kentucky Derby engagement party for some of our best friends. During the planning process we were inspired by the ombre theme that the bride and groom are working into the elements of their big day. Even their invitation suite was water-colored ombre by hand!
The photo backdrop for the engagement party was inspired by this beautiful ombre ribbon altar that we’ve featured before. Rather than hand dyeing fabric, we used ribbons in varying shades of pink. We tied the ribbons on the dowel from lightest to darkest and voila, the perfect backdrop for a photo station!
In honor of Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’ve put together some simple tips on how to include and honor your mom (and your future mother-in-law) in the planning process and the big day! Thank you to all the amazing mothers out there who encourage, support, and love us!
- Give specific tasks to your mom (confirm the florist, book a ceremony musician).
- Let your future MIL run with the rehearsal; it’s her chance to shine AND a break for you! Take advantage of it!
- Have both your parents walk you down the aisle.
- Incorporate a special piece of your mom’s jewelry or clothing into your wedding day attire.
- Invite your mom to do a reading or a prayer during the ceremony, or a special welcome speech at the reception.
- Get those moms up on a chair and in the air for Hava Nagila!
And always remember, we wouldn’t be where we are without our moms…even when you feel like this! Happy Mother’s Day!